I am thrilled to announce that I am the newest addition to the hostess team for the Kid Lit Blog Hop! When I was just getting started with this whole blogging thing last year, I stumbled upon this event and fell in love. Not only has it given me a great opportunity to discover more wonderful children’s books–it’s also introduced me to some lovely fellow bloggers in the Kid Lit sphere. One of my blogging goals for 2014 was to get more involved with the hop. And I decided that instead of waiting around, I might as well jump in and ask. I’ve realized the past few months that being successful at blogging requires a lot more than generating quality content–for example putting yourself out there to network with others. That means I’ve had to get over some of my hang ups about approaching people. Sometimes that means I ask for a review copy and get turned down. Other times it means that I nervously ask to become a hostess on a blog hop and get a warm, enthusiastic welcome to the team. So, on the balance, I’d say it’s worth it.
And, now, I encourage you all to Read more and Share more.
Welcome to the 30th Kid Lit Blog Hop. This is our first hop of 2014! In 2013, we have welcomed so many wonderful people and we are very excited to continue to develop a dynamic and engaged community of children’s books bloggers, authors, publishers, and publicists. So, you are always more than welcome to join us by popping in a post and hopping around to meet some of the new bloggers who have joined the Hop. If you are one of our regulars – thank you so much!
Happy New Year!!
Happy Hopping everyone and enjoy the Hop!
Kid Lit Blog Hop Rules *Please Read*
1. We ask that you kindly follow your hosts and co-hosts. You can follow us any way you choose (Email, GFC, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, etc.), but we’ve added our preferences below. If you could just give us a quick “follow” or “like” that would be much appreciated! Make sure to leave us a message if you are following us (i.e., on Twitter or Facebook or on our websites) and we will be sure to follow you back. Thanks! 🙂
2. Link up any Kid Lit related post. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don’t link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post.*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one. Please link unique posts each time ~ no repeats please. *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Please visit AT LEAST the TWO LINKS directly ahead of your own and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you!
4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you’re linking up. If you’d prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links!
5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop? Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…